CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Conquering Yourself

Isn't it funny how some of the best workouts ever are the ones you don't feel like doing at all? Take this morning, I did legs and then had an hour of cardio, and I kept thinking...man I just worked legs, and I worked them HARD. I'm probably going to have a hard time with this cardio, I really didn't want to do it, but thought I'll do my ending cardio for weights at a higher intensity to make up for it. Well once I got started I didn't want to stop so I just kept right on going and had one of the best cardio sessions ever.

Sometimes I have to trick myself through the workout 5 minutes at a time. I like to use this time to daydream about the stage and what I will look like. It makes the time go by much faster.


This has happened several times, where I have REALLY not felt like training but did anyway and I have even hit PRs on these days. So when I feel like I really don't want to workout... I think this might be one of the BEST workouts ever. I'll just start and see how I feel. Most of the time I breeze right through it. I think its just a mental thing. So if you find yourself dragging your feet and trying to think of a good reason to skip or put off your workout, just get started, you may surprise yourself and have one of your best workouts EVER!

Then you can feel badass the rest of the day because you conquered yourself. :)

5 comments:

Tina said...

:) Funny thing I just read the same thing on Bella's site...what's Tony doing giving you all leg workouts you don't wanna do :) It's a good thing he taught us a thing or two about just getting yourself there...or who knows where we'd be :) Love this post, can't wait for you to see that stage...you'll be an addict...I can see it already :)

Fifi said...

I SO agree with that. I just dragged my arse out to the shed. Felt like crap but by the end I'm feeling and so 'light' as I've just done it and don't have to think about it all day.

BTW Yvette's my middle name. Not many around :) (Frances Yvette)

Liimu said...

Weird! I just had the same experience today. Leg workout and all!! Love that!

Tearose said...

hehe we are all peas in a pod! Yes Tony has sure taught me a thing or 2 about self discipline.

Tearose said...

Frankie! thats true not many of us at all. There is this awesome Bodyjam instructor at my gym, the girl knows how to move. I found out her name is Yvette I was like oh well shes even cooler now lol:P